• The application is being used to register applicants’ online seeking admission to various courses offered by PUNJABI UNIVERSITY, PATIALA (PATIALA CAMPUS and its REGIONAL and NEIGHBOURHOOD CAMPUSES) for the Academic Year 2018-19.
• No separate Handbook of Information is available in printed form to the applicants.
• The Handbook of Information contains important dates regarding submitting Applications, Interview Schedules and Entrance Test Dates; Functionaries of the University, a brief Profile of the University; Academic Calendar; Courses Offered; General Guidelines for Application-cum-Admission Form; Important Instructions for Entrance Tests; Admission Procedures and Rules; Fee Reservation Policy; Fees and Charges; Scholarships; State-wise list of fake Universities and Notification and Format of Certificates.
• This application intends to collect data related to contact information, qualifications, demographic information and other information relevant to admissions of the aspiring candidates who are interested in seeking admissions to various courses in the University. The data will be used honourably for registering candidates and compiling comparative merit. Later on a data repository will be created of all admitted candidates to be used by different offices as Controller of Examinations, Library, Dean Student’s welfare, Director, Panning and Monitoring, Security Officer and other internal recording keeping purposes. We may periodically send promotional emails about admission alerts which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Punjabi University, Patiala and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we request you to resolve your queries and doubts with the concerned HoDs and Officials of the University about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information or related graphics contained on the website. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
• In no event we will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
• Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Punjabi University, Patiala. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
• Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Punjabi University, Patiala takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address given below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• Notwithstanding the information provided in this Handbook of Information, the Vice-Chancellor will have the right, in consultation with the Standing Committee of Academic Council, to delete, change or make additions to any of the provisions contained in it. If there is any dispute/ambiguity, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor will prevail.
• All disputes arising from this document or connected therewith are subject to the territorial jurisdiction of Courts situated at Patiala only and to the exclusion of all other Courts.
Professor (Dr.) Balwinder Singh Tiwana,
Centralised Admission Cell,
Landmark: Near Coffee House,
Punjabi University, Patiala 147002
E-mail id: [email protected]